Picture of the Week

Picture of the Week
Anamorphic snowman

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Into the sports cave

So today started out with me thinking sports was going to be the most unfortunate thing to ever happen to me. I was bitching about it being the ruins of journalism and the last bastion of the oldest most dangerous traditions.

But I was wrong. At least for now.

I suggested this idea for the CP instead of a random action cutout with massive feathering and they did it. In fact, they let me cutout the art and set it up. Shawn, the main designer, even convinced them to give us more space for the CP by shrinking the rails on the right.

We worked together and I think it came out pretty nice.

I start doing Sports by myself in a few days. I do my first A1 on this coming Sunday, so we'll see how that goes. After that is Features and sports again for the rest of the summer.

In the meantime, I've been thinking about journalism a lot and more specifically about The Nevada Sagebrush. I've decided to redesign it which will come in the form of numerous small changes and upgrades but will ultimately look different and better.

Once I get the font disc, I'll start posting pieces and redrafted pages to show you all the differences.

As for "Web is the ANSWER to print" my internet at home has been down for the last few days so once it's up, I'll spend more time writing those posts. Until then, it's still on hold while I continue my research.

CollegeVisuals.com is on its way to getting started by the end of the month. So look out for more updates on that.

I'll post more when my internet works again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pick of the week is a Zippo lighter being ignited. You can tell by the swiss cheese grill that normally surrounds the wick of the lighter and the fact that the sparks are starting in the corner where the flint meets the striker.

-Aaron