Picture of the Week

Picture of the Week
Anamorphic snowman

Saturday, May 26, 2007

sometimes life feels like this

I saw this guy run across my floor a few days ago when I got out of the shower (I can shower with the door open because I'm in a studio, how wicked cool is that) but couldn't figure out where he went. Then when I got home today I guess he figured out how to get on his back, but being of a tiny mind he could not figure out how to get to his legs again. So I took the opportunity to show all of you life in one of its simplest forms.

Personally I don't think there's anything disgusting about this picture, in fact, I encourage you all to click the thumbnail and really took a close look at life (I left it at its 10MP size for you so prepare to scroll). Specifically look at his eyes (which I tried extremely hard to get in focus, go macro lenses) and think about what it feels like to be in his situation. I'm sure a lot of us have felt like him: helpless, alone, vunerable, small and stupid. Use it as a personal reflection, I think you'll be intrigued at what you find.

In any case, I feel terrible because we kind of connected at a really deep level but he's kind of disgusting and as much as getting that close to a cockroach humbled me, I decided that he wasn't good enough for the universe (which is why he's stranded on his back) and I crushed him and threw him in the trash. But that's the way the world works so deal with it - he did.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmm, that picture makes me want to puke my pants.

Virginia Faith said...

Bugs are gross. Nice photo though...